Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hashtag Fashion Tips

I used to not really be into fashion. I guess I'm still not. I see it as a means to an end. But at least now I have some sort of style that doesn't consist of only stripes.

It consists of mostly plaid, instead, which is like stripes but even better.

And blue. Lots of blue. So much blue you'd mistake me for a blue... thing. Gonna be honest, didn't really have anything ready to go there. The point is I wear a lot of blue because it brings out my eyes.

My second-grade teacher used to say that a person's eyes never change. Your face may get chubby or wrinkly or what have you, but your eyes will look the same forever. So, naturally, I'd want to make them stand out, right? It just seems like common sense. That, and I know that I, personally, always notice other peoples' eyes before anything else. I mean, unless they aren't facing me. I don't have x-ray vision.

In today's society, we put so much emphasis on how we look. If you want a job, you have to dress the part during the interview. If you're performing, you have to wear concert dress. All employees have specific dress codes to abide by, and so on.

I used to think it was all about covering yourself with something, but there's more to fashion than that--though I guess a lot of things are more complicated than they seem on the surface. And I'm realizing it's not about the clothes you wear, but how and why you wear them. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wear blue to get more compliments on my eyes, but it's also to be noticed and recognized more easily by peers and potential business connections. Personality is something you need time to show others, but the way you dress is what entices them to give you that time. Once they've given you their attention, the floor is yours. Dazzle away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to discuss? Let me know. I'd love to hear feedback.